Currently Reading:
John Briggs & F. David Peat: Turbulent Mirror
Kurt Vonnegut: Mother Night

Apr 11, 2008

Florida: America's Wang

We are headed off to America's Wang to hang out with some of Em's family in a week.  Staying with her grandma who lives in a senior community somewhere between no where and the empty void of space (also called Central Florida).  I've been told there are pools.  I already know there are orange groves and that's about it.  No internet, no computer, probably no cable.  My iPod and DS will get a workout, and if they fail me I will have to go in the back yard to find sticks and fight lizards for entertainment.  Hm, wielding sticks in an epic battle with small lizards sounds like more fun then it should.  At least it will be warm and I will have some books to read as well.  Just finished "The Great Divorce" by CS Lewis, quite good.  Need to get into another book before next weekend when we fly out.